Criminal Defense Attorneys in Shelby Township, Michigan
Although misdemeanors do not carry the threat of state prison time that felonies do, convictions disrupt people’s lives in serious ways. Some misdemeanors enable sentences of up to a year in county jail. OWI charges or an accumulation of traffic violations can be financially crippling. Many of these offenses can have severe adverse affects on your future.
The right representation by a result focused, knowledgeable and skilled criminal defense attorney can make a big difference for you. The lawyers Michigan Law Services, PLLC, can help you determine the very best course of action in your situation to avoid costly mistakes and get through your situation with minimal impact to your record, finances and future prospects.
We Approach Your Case According to Your Individual Needs and Priorities
Dealing with any misdemeanor begins with an assessment of your case and personal circumstances. Top priorities in a criminal matter may be keeping you out of jail and protecting your overall future. That is our main focus when representing our clients.
Assault — Juvenile Offenses — Disorderly Persons — OWI
We are well-equipped to represent you in any misdemeanor, including:
- Allegations of violent acts, including assault or domestic violence charges
- Minor in possession of alcohol (MIP) or other juvenile offenses
- Disorderly persons charges —common in heavily policed nightlife districts like those in Ferndale, Mount Clemens, Pontiac, Rochester and Royal Oak
- Property crimes such as retail fraud (shoplifting) and trespassing
- OWI — among the most serious of traffic-related offenses, a drunk driving charge calls for representation by an experienced attorney
- Misdemeanor Traffic violations including driving under suspension, careless or reckless driving, speeding tickets, and offenses involving traffic signals and school buses — all of which involve assessment of points and substantial driver responsibility fees
Count on Energetic Defense, Beginning With a Free Consultation
The attorneys and staff at Michigan Law Services, PLLC are dedicated to understanding each client’s situation thoroughly. We are nonjudgmental, recognizing that anyone can make a mistake.
In addition, we understand the methods and priorities of prosecutors, from our own daily experiences and substantial work in negotiations and trials. Many misdemeanors are prosecuted on the basis of a police report alone — and if there are any problems with your arrest or that report, you can count on us to find it and turn it to your advantage.